Chicken Basket Light






















When I was creating my showhouse room, for the ASID Hoilday Splendor Payne Mansion Showhouse, I needed to find a way to create lighting in the space. We were told we could not drill, nail or make any modifications to the walls or ceilings.  So it was a bit of a challenge to figure out a way to create light over the table area without hanging anything from the ceiling.  After spending a short time with Jesse White at his place, Sarasota Architectural Salvage, I quickly spotted a really cool basket and, no pun intended, a light bulb went on in my head and I knew that this was going to be the perfect light fixture for my space.  Only after creating the light fixture did I find out that in fact it is a basket used as a cage for chickens. {a true transformation of function}  I used an adjustable black floor lamp base, added a light harp with lighting kit and connected the basket.  And then by using an Edison Style light bulb it really gave the fixture that extra ambiance and style.