My High Point Maket Experience Fall 2012 #HPmkt



For me High Point Market is a time to experience and explore all things Interior Design.  I use my time at market to see as much as possible and know that I will walk away with insight and inspiration to fuel my creativity in my design business.   I wrote about this in my guest post over at Building Moxie check it out---> What's the big Deal about High Point?

High Point Furniture Market is the Fashion Week of Furniture!  And how fitting that this years theme was Fashion Focused!
 This is but a glimpse of the collection of bags and bits and pieces of stuff collected during my time at High Point Market.  I will be sorting thru this for months ~ ;-) !
Each day as I walked thru showroom after showroom, exploring all of the new and exciting products, I would write down words to describe thoughts and styles that were visible, similar or made a visual impact on me during my time at Market. My list consisted of the following: 
TUFTED | SILVER | TAILORED | BLUE |  SILVER | NAILHEADS | NATURAL | RUSTIC INDUSTRIAL | GRAY | WHITE | TEAL | GREAT LIGHTING | STEAM PUNK |  COLOR | MID-CENTURY STYLING | ORANGE | RUSTIC | DANISH STYLE |  COLOR | TEXTURE | MUTED GOLD METAL | RED | FASHION DRIVEN | STYLIZED| TEAL | PURPLE | DRIFTWOOD|

In general what I saw was a great attention to detail and much thought given to the tailored aspect of furniture.  A kind of mid-century meets new industrial with a sophisticated flare.   Be sure to check out My #HPmkt Fall 2012 Pinterest Board

Here are some images I took to capture my experience, I hope you enjoy and would love your thoughts and comments!   

 
 
 



Part of the whole High Point Market Experience is the evening center stage entertainment.  Here my sister and I are hanging out in the crowd.  Is that Mom right there behind us? Good times, good friends and family make High Point Market a time to remember!  

Until next market 
I will cherish my memories, 
my experiences 
and my inspiration!
Carmen
photo credit ~ Carmen Christensen