NKBA - The Kitchen & Bath Authority


NKBA - National Kitchen and Bath Association, the go to for the kitchen and bath industry!  They are who set the standards, make the rules and in general are all things Kitchen and Bath! NKBA is the "authority" for the kitchen and bath industry.  As with most national organizations there are also regional NKBA chapters.  I am a member, of the Central Florida Chapter.  NKBA on a local/regional level is a fabulous place to learn, collaborate, socialize and network with other like minded professionals in the kitchen and bath industry.

NKBA's annual event is KBIS - It is "THE" show of the year for the Kitchen and Bath Industry.  I have attended the show multiple times over the last 20 plus years.  I have however noticed that in the last say 5-10 years for me the show has become, how can I say this, well it has become to me a bit boring.  I used to attend because I was anxious to see all the latest and greatest, and honestly the last few times I attended I have been a little let down.  But that is beginning to change and new and exciting changes are happening within NKBA and the KBIS show!

I got the news in January that NKBA hired an external collaboration of agencies to head its marketing department, I can honestly say it more than peaked my interest.  For me I have not felt enthusiastic about KBIS for quite some time and this new collaboration has given new hope to a new beginning for NKBA's and quite honestly my willingness to attend KBIS. 
So what does all this have to do with me besides the obvious.  As many of you may know, I recently went to Germany and Amsterdam as a member of the #BlogTourCGN, BlogTour Cologne, team.  One of our the trip sponsors was NKBA, and I had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with several members of NKBA's Marketing Agency collaborators. Sherry Qualls and Paul Anater with White Good, Lancaster PA , Leanne Wood-Newman with Flying Camel in Brantford, Ontario, Canada and Veronica Miller with Modenus in Orlando, FL. 
clockwise from top left - Leanne Wood-Newman,
Paul Anater, Sherry Qualls and Veronika Miller

NKBA treated us to an authentic German meal at  Fruh am Dom restaurant in Cologne.  The restaurant's decor had a wonderful old world German feel.  It was bustling with business and the food was amazing!  I ordered the traditional Schnitzel with fries and it paired well with the local German beer.

During our meal Leanne and Sherry spent some time telling us about all of the exciting things that are happening with NKBA and most especially the excitement that is building for KBIS2013 and also for KBIS2014.  They shared with us how their goal is to get the designers, the community, the professionals involved and interacting with KBIS.  That their vision is to have KBIS go beyond an annual event.  They spoke of opportunities that will be available where they will be reaching out to the kitchen and bath community in a way that will allow kitchen and bath professionals, designers, manufacturers, distributors and everyone in the kitchen and bath industry to be more directly involved.  Much of what they are working on will be seen at this year's KBIS2013, but an even more exciting was the announcement made that KBIS and IBB, International Builders show, will co-locate in 2014!